Siri Site Reliability Engineer
With Apple in Singapore - SGMore jobs from Apple
Posted on April 11, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
sysadmin, linux, devops
If you wish to play a part in revolutionizing how people use their computers and mobile devices; build groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing & artificial intelligence; and work with the teams building the most scalable big-data systems in existence.. This is the role for you.
As part of this team, you will: - Monitor production, staging, test and development environments for a myriad of applications in an agile and dynamic organization. - Strive to improve the stability, security, efficiency and scalability of production systems by applying software engineering practices. - Design, implement, and extend automation tools for infrastructure, application and container management - Resolve future needs for capacity and investigate new products and/or features. - Strong problem solving ability will be used daily; a successful Engineer will take steps on his or her own to isolate issues and resolve root cause through investigative analysis. - The Engineer should be an independent problem-solver who is focused and capable of exhibiting deftness to handle multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner. - Build and maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation reflecting configuration. - Responsible for writing justifications, training users in complex topics, writing status reports and interacting with other Apple staff and management. - The position will require working on 4* days per week follow the sun model.
Skills & requirements
- Experience running Linux systems in a 24/7 production environment. Ability to program in Python, Ruby, Go or other high level-languages highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of multi-tier applications, their dependencies and orchestration including load balancing, TCP/IP networking and web services.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk and Graphite
- Experience with configuration managers such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible, container management solutions such as Kubernetes and cloud based service offerings.
- Exposure to deploying software releases and supporting CI/CD pipelines advantageous.
- Knowledge of database design and administration including MySQL, Postgres & HBase advantageous.
- Good interpersonal skills shown through previous projects or assignments.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree.