Wireless System Engineer
With Apple in Gurugram - INMore jobs from Apple
Posted on April 11, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: QA/Test Developer, System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
testing, automated-tests, python
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will be inspired. And you’ll be proud. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join the Wireless Technologies and Eco-Systems (WTE) organization and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people?s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you.
We expect you to be hands-on relying upon diagnostics, analytics, crowd sourced information, lab/field experimentations as well as code/architecture review to exploit the opportunities for improvement and work multi-functionally with platform architecture, standardization, firmware/protocol development, system test, QA and carrier engineering teams to drive the enhancement proposals and baseband optimizations. You will be required to develop advanced system evaluation and debugging capabilities. Our members enjoy the flexibility to be involved in all aspects of Protocol software - PHY, RF, SIM, NAS, AS, IP, TCP/UDP and iOS interfaces, to ensure the most robust and customer friendly software. If you are passionate about cellular technologies, want to make an impact and have the desire to work on ground breaking cellular technologies, then we are looking for you. As part of this team you'll be impacting iPhone user experience in 100+ countries by engaging in continuous process improvements for a well-tested and robust software.
Skills & requirements
- Knowledge of cellular technologies (LTE, UMTS, GSM, Wifi and bluetooth), data networking and troubleshooting techniques are required.
- Past work experience in projects involving performance evaluations, feature testing and test cases development
- Good understanding of wireless standards: (including but not limited to 3GPP, IEEE 802.11ax, 802.11ad, IP, TCP/UDP) and their application on End to end product design.
- Expertise in using network simulators to reproduce complex field scenarios
- Thrive in a reciprocal environment and can clearly communicate while deftly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to pursue everyday problems in innovative ways
- Able to work independently and should be able to manage complete test lab.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are important to our customers
- Track record of innovations and brining new ideas to mass productions
Bachelors/Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.