Site Reliability Engineer
With Ultimate Software in Fort Lauderdale FL USMore jobs from Ultimate Software
Posted on April 14, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Computer Software, Human Resources, Software Development
Company size: 5k–10k people
Company type: Private
ansible, docker, jira, angularjs, puppet
To improve our CI/CD and the quality of our deployments and do whatever is needed to “make things work and keep things healthy”. Working in close collaboration with the infrastructure team, you will be included in the daily life of the teams in order to have the best understanding and work relations.
Through automation, process improvement, teaching, coaching and proactive monitoring you will build and maintain highly fault tolerant CI pipelines which incorporate proactive monitoring, alerting and outage notifications on numerous custom software platforms. This role will need to have deep familiarity with integrations on numerous hosting systems, deployment means, and containerized deployments.
This position will be a mix of strategy, implementation and hands on individual contributor development. Heavy dev ability required. Custom automation of build and deploy pipelines, custom per team will be needed for integration of new components and services.
This position will be working to support teams who are based in France as well as The United States. Depending upon the need, the schedule for this role will adjust accordingly so off-hours work will be expected.
- Integrity / Trust
- Hardworking and willing to work hours “whenever needed” if there is an outage, or better yet, to prevent an outage
- Lead the scalability & capacity planning strategy
- Work with other teams to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve high impact issues
- Team player with good communication skills
- Experience with a high performing team and understanding of customer impact
- Deep familiarity with the SDLC process of teams at all levels
- Experience working on running production environments
Technical Skills required:
- Experience in automation tools (Ansible, Salt, Puppet or Chef) and CI/CD principle
- Experience with at least one programming language (Python, Java or Go)
- K8s or other containerized orchestration tools
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Team Member will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.