[Remote] Support Systems Administrator
With CAI in Pittsburgh PA USMore jobs from CAI
Posted on May 14, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
agile, linux, ansible, chef, puppet, sysadmin
Amazing opportunity for an IT Professional with 2+ year of experience to join the team supporting critical applications for our client, a global Fortune 500 company. Gain experience supporting and troubleshooting Enterprise applications!
Duties & Responsibilities
- The responsibilities for the Support System Administrators include but is not limited to:
- Participate in daily Boardwalk meetings.
- In the Boardwalk meetings, the Support System Administrators will work with the Systems Team, led by the Product Owner, to define user stories, acceptance criteria, define the definition of done, and accept stories to work on.
- Monitor and accept application install requests through EPDSM (Enterprise Process Driven Service Management)
- Collaborate with other teams to gather infrastructure requirements and submit the infrastructure requests
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors to implement 3rd party solutions
- Assist in building and supporting the Agile development environment, typically including development and maintenance of the toolchain that supports the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Collaborate with agile teams to implement common components that have been developed by the Systems Team.
- Determine and help maintain decisions and policies for version management
- Run solution-level build and integration scripts or manually integrate where automation does not yet exist.
- Provide testing support to Agile teams, including performing, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Create newly automated test scenarios
- Organize test cases designed by individual teams into ordered suites
- Prioritize time-consuming tests, refactor, and run reduced test suites where applicable
- Help teams create ‘smoke tests ‘
- Experience/Education Required Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with agile methodology.
- Some experience with Linux and Unix
- Knowledge of creating and managing computing environments that are defined with code.
- Knowledge of deployment tooling used to streamline the deployment of applications to multiple computing environments, such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities
- Experience with building deployment pipelines using Jenkins
- Energizes those around them when working with a team while having the ability to go solo when appropriate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills