Unix Infrastructure Support Engineer
With JP Morgan Chase in Jersey City NJ USMore jobs from JP Morgan Chase
Posted on May 14, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
java, python, sql
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional, you'll be making decisions of a global and strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you will affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results, and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they’ll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
- Automation delivery via shell scripting, perl, python or other scripting language is preferred
- Automation planning and execution.
- Focus on customers, ownership, operations and the ability to deliver results
- Frequently anticipates problems and analyzes ways to mitigate the risk.
- Drive operational efficiencies via service improvement plan/implement initiatives.
- Documents small-to medium-scale projects and delivers presentations with minimal to no supervision.
- Effectively and efficiently troubleshoot issues with systems to ensure the highest availability and the lowest mean time to restore
- Must be available to be in an on-call rotation
- Providing incident, problem and change management support utilizing best practices and guidelines
- Diagnosing problems and develop solutions for problems related to software, configuration and infrastructure
- Understanding coding and scripting to troubleshoot production issues
- Developing and supporting routine operational activities with automations
- Escalating urgent problems to the appropriate management
- Providing documentation of processes involved with support duties and contribute to the knowledge database
- Contributing in writing and in-person to root cause analysis meetings as part of process improvement
- Participating in the development and testing of internal controls, scripts and other coding projects
- Working closely with peer teams to deliver high availability and optimum performance for customers
- Following standard operating procedures for operational and customer facing functions
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
•BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
•Advanced knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
•Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices and JPMC policies
•Proficient in multiple infrastructure technologies
•Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
•Ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms
•Proficient in one of programming languages (Java, PERL, Python)
•At least 7 year experience and a high level of proficiency in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (preferable in financial services)
•Experience with automation tools, such as Puppet and Ansible
•Ability to debug and optimize systems and automate routine tasks.
•Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment with constantly changing priorities.
•Provide technical direction and leadership to internal teams and clients.
• Experience with production support of highly available applications
•Knowledge within SAN, TCP/IP, DNS , VMWare, HMC, VIO client partitions, NIM, yum, is highly desirable
•Experience with system performance monitoring and operational capacity management
•Advance knowledge on AIX and Virtualization and UNIX/Linux platforms is a plus.
•SRE mindset Culture/Approaches: To run better production systems by creating engineering solutions to operational problems.
•Working knowledge or experience in any of coding languages or tools like Python, Perl, Unix Scripting, Ansible and other dev ops tools is added advantage.
•VCS Cluster experience
•Strong experience of NAS and SAN infrastructure and component
•Good working knowledge of monitoring systems such as Tivoli, Geneous, etc.
Good to Have
•Relevant training or certifications inAIX / Virtualization / HA Cluster is a added advantage.
•Understanding of Agile and Scrum development concepts.
•Deep understanding of Red Hat Linux 5 & 6, Solaris 8, 9, 10, AIX, VMware ESX Server, BoKS, centrify, power broker or similar LDAP based authentication, Enterprise Password Vault, File System Architecture.
•Good understanding of kernel tuning, backup server/client Configurations and patch updates & rebuilds concepts, Server health check & performance monitoring, scripting concepts (bash, Perl).
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.