Onsite IT Support Specialist
With Siemens AG in Southaven MS USMore jobs from Siemens AG
Posted on May 19, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Electronics, Industrial Automation, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
windows, sysadmin, web-services
Siemens SI Logistics is looking for an experienced onsite IT Specialist to support a broad range of hardware & infrastructure tasks within the Southaven, MS Distribution Center. The tasks will include documentation, deployment, testing & repair of software & hardware. The ideal person for this role will be able to work independently, be detail oriented, able to multi-task and switch from one priority to another quickly and efficiently and have good written and verbal communication skills.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- IT Asset Management including configuration, setup & deployment of RF Scanners, Wireless Printers, PC’s and Desktop Printers
- Providing on-site technical assistance and support for questions and issues related to usage of computer systems, software, and hardware
Installation, modification, and repair of computer hardware, software, and network peripherals
- Communication with local providers of IT services, network providers and equipment vendors in case of problems with IT services or equipment
- Resolving IT incidents within area of responsibility and escalating the problem when needed
- Collaboration with IT leads to support Major Incidents (onsite eyes and hands support)
- Return non-workings devices to vendor for repair
- Support, document, and maintain records of IT projects & processes
- Provide support to the La Mirada DC for PCs, printers & wireless devices including configuration, setup & troubleshooting (limited travel if needed for special projects)
- 7+ years with similar experience
- Windows operating systems specifically Windows 10
- Working knowledge of SAP ERP and Microsoft operating systems including office applications.
- Knowledge of logistics, third party distribution, and/or transportation extremely helpful.
- ITIL Certification
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.