DevOps Engineer - Infrastructure
With PestRoutes in McKinney TX USMore jobs from PestRoutes
Posted on May 19, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Business Process Optmization, Cloud-Based Solutions, SaaS
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
linux, php, mysql, jenkins, sysadmin
Field Service Holdings, which includes PestRoutes software and Lobster Marketing, is employee and customer obsessed. Forbes recognized us as one of America's Best Startup Employers 2020. In fact, we ranked number four in the greater Dallas area. Together, we defend one another’s time by maintaining an entrepreneurial spirit. That means we squash the unimportant to make way for the work that brings value to the business. At Field Service Holdings you are well trained, respected, properly compensated and not overworked. The results are our proof. We have capital from world-class investors and can tout a stellar employee Net Promoter Score of 59. That’s a fancy way of saying people come here for a great job and stay because of our great culture.
We are seeking a talented DevOps Engineer who shares our goal to create the best product in the market. We do the impossible. We are looking for the type of person that stares an overwhelming problem in the face and knows how to pick the problem apart until they find a solution.
You will be working on a platform that runs a field service company B2E. Your work will impact every part of the customer lifecycle including sales, marketing, scheduling, CRM, billing, mobile field service applications, communication, credit card processing, reporting and more! We work with dozens of APIs and frameworks and we are truly a platform on which our customers utilize as their primary and central tool.
- Setup, configure, and test application and database servers
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Continuously improve deployment process with automation tools
- Manage code deployment and server configuration during off business hours when necessary
- Design and implementation of new hardware solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Experience with OS level optimizations
- Experience with Network performance tuning and hardware configuration
- Proficient with the Linux command line
- Proficient with the lifecycle of a web request at every level including how to troubleshoot
- Familiar with creating scripts in PHP, Perl or other language
- Deep understanding of the configuration for PHP, MySQL, Linux and how it affects application behavior and performance
- Experience infrastructure automation tools - Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Strong desire to create automation tools for repetitive, tedious tasks
- Solves problems in a practical and creative way
- CI tools - Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis CI, Bamboo
- Containers - Docker, Kubernetes, LXC/LXD
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Field Service Holdings, LLC,is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.