Corporate Systems Administrator
With Roka Security in Herndon VA USMore jobs from Roka Security
Posted on May 20, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
ceph, mac, linux
US Citizenship (Required)
US SECRET or higher Security Clearance (Preferred)
Love working with Linux, Mac OS and Security? You're in luck, this job is for you!
Roka is NOT a Windows shop, so Linux and Mac skills are required to continue.
Before reading our requirements ask yourself these questions:
- Do you like learning every day in your job?
- Want an awesome office culture and environment to work in?
- Can you work in a team and on your own?
- Are you awesome to work with?
- Does not solving a problem bug you, keep you up at night even?
If you answered yes to these questions, read on. If you're just looking for a boring punch the clock job, you will NOT like this position.
Roka needs a Corporate IT System Administrator.
Applicants should mention experience with:
- Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange Online
- Apple MacOS (Laptop Administration)
- Linux system administration
- Experience provisioning and maintaining Bare Metal or VM servers.
- Experiences with services : DNS, LDAP, Active Directory, JAMF, Apple MDM
This position will deal with compliance and auditing , requiring documentation skill for planning, create, maintaining and executing processes.
What are you looking for?
If you are looking for exciting, fast paced, push forward work, you will love Roka Security. Every stellar employee that comes to Roka has told us the first 3 months is the best , most challenging, and most exciting learning phase of any job they've started.
This isn't the right job if you
- Need to be the smartest person in the room (we hire amazing people, and you'll learn from all of them)
- Want to work on a single project for a long time
- Want to work alone in a corner
We hire stellar, smart and dedicated people who challenge and want to be challenged.
If that sounds like you... apply!
Roka Security is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical and Dental
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Relaxed, professional environment
- 401k with company matching and vested on 1st day
Skills & requirements
Specific technical expertise and knowledge Roka Security is looking for:
- 2 or more years' experience with desktop and system administration with any Linux and/or Apple Mac OS
- Experience with Microsoft Online 365 provisioning: e.g. Exchange Online, Office provisioning, LDAP integration
- Optional experience with SaltStack, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with installation and operation of Linux services : e.g. OpenVPN, DNS, LDAP, e-mail, file services, Apache/NGINX
- Experience with the installation, operation and troubleshooting of integrated systems: e.g. server configuration, authentication, authorization, hardware vs virtual network environments
- Experience with public cloud architecture and tooling is a plus.
- Position is located in Herndon, VA.
- Due to nature of the work, US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance.
- Existing US Secret or higher security clearances are a plus!
- Ability to work in a team environment individually and as a member
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task and communicate effectively with little supervision
- Highly trustworthy persons with the ability to safeguard company/customer proprietary and intellectual property information
- Ability to see the staff you support as your customer.