Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
With Autumn Compass in Sydney - AUMore jobs from Autumn Compass
Posted on May 22, 2020
About this job
Compensation: A$110k - 170k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Capital Markets, Financial Technology, Market Making
Company size: 11–50 people
Company type: Private
python, amazon-web-services, devops
We are looking for an experienced Cloud DevOps Engineer, specifically a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), to join the Data Platforms team at Autumn Compass. In the Cloud DevOps & Site Reliability Engineer role you will be working with our cloud distributed compute infrastructure which powers our trading research. This platform forms a foundational component of our business and so it is important we are able to keep it performant, reliable and flexible.
Autumn Compass is a proprietary trading company that uses modern techniques from software engineering and machine learning in order to develop intelligent algorithms and strategies for trading. With no external clients and a culture of devops, you will work with the team through the entire lifecycle of our platform’s new features, from design to release and post rollout maintenance, as a Cloud DevOps Engineer specialising in Site Reliability.
Salary: $110k - $170k package
Click 'Apply' to begin your journey with us, and take this opportunity to raise your career to new heights.
Site Reliability Engineer Responsibilities:
- Ensuring our compute infrastructure is reliable, fault-tolerant and can scale across 1000s of compute systems.
- Building in flexibility to our systems to try new ideas at minimal cost in time and technical load (I.e. have the ability to fail fast when experimenting)
- Evolving our systems to improve robustness and correctness through the use of new technology, automation and simplification.
- Leading our team’s approach to devops by developing our philosophy and bringing our approach in line with best practices.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo to bring new ideas and innovation to the team.
Site Reliability Engineer Profile:
- 3+ years of experience working in a DevOps/SRE team.
- Development experience in Python (or a similar language) and a willingness to work with Python infrastructure.
- Knowledge of best practice in DevOps and the interest to stay on top of the changes in the space
- Expertise in designing, architecting, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Experience with the AWS stack is desirable