Quality Engineer (Software Development Engineer in Test)
With Ultimate Software in San Diego CA USMore jobs from Ultimate Software
Posted on June 16, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Backend Developer, QA/Test Developer
Industry: Computer Software, Human Resources, Software Development
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Private
apache-kafka, rabbitmq, java, jmeter
Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer (Software Development Engineer in Test) to join our Performance Development team. Our high-performance team has a need for an additional white box testing Automation Engineer to increase our capacity to ensure our product delivery meets all requirements. In this role, you will join the other Quality Engineers working with Software Developers and Site Reliability Engineers to build, test, and deploy new product offerings.
Our teams are passionate about their work and contributing to our exciting digital transformation and growth plan for the entire organization. If you’re interested in being considered for this amazing opportunity, apply today!
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the Engineering team that designs, develops, implements, and maintains scalable web and mobile applications.
- Work together with the Product team to understand business requirements and use cases from which automated tests are developed.
- Develop automated tests for all user and business requirements.
- Proactively discover and address defects in products; provide trusted recommendations on improvements for development and testing solutions
- Perform root cause analysis for all defects.
- Track all defects and work efforts in our issue tracking system.
- Work with product and program teams to plan defect mitigation.
- Communicate issues and status updates in a timely manner to team.
- Produce and maintain test coverage reports for functional and automation coverage.
- 5-7 years’ experience with software development and QA methodologies
- Experience in an agile software development methodology or framework such as Kanban, Scrum, Test First Development
- Experience using automated testing tools such as JMeter, Postman
- Experience executing and analyzing Performance, Scalability, and Reliability testing
- Knowledge of contract testing, white box testing, testing automation, unit testing, regression testing
- Self-motivated team player with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Passion for finding and eliminating product defects
- Object-oriented languages such as Java/J2EE
- SQL/NoSQL Databases such as MySQL, MongoDB
- Demonstrated proficiency with developing, testing, and using web services, APIs, microservices
- Experience with containers and orchestration such as Docker, Kubernetes
Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering; equivalent experience accepted.
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Team Member will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.