Sr. DevOps Engineer
With Indus Os in Mumbai - INMore jobs from Indus Os
Posted on June 22, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
osx, amazon-web-services, sysadmin
Established in May 2015, Indus OS is a homebred system apps company, building India’s only content and commerce platform for users to discover and consume digital content & services in the language of their choice. With a vision of digitally connecting 1 Billion Indians, Indus OS is constantly striving to adapt its existing portfolio (App Store, Minus One Screen, Keyboard, Messenger, etc) by introducing new features to enrich the user experience in their native language.
Currently, Indus OS has a user base of over 60+ Million on the back of 10+ smartphone brand partnerships with leading OEMs such as Samsung, Gionee, iTel, Micromax, Intex, Karbonn and others. The Indus platform is available in English & 23 Indian regional languages and is intended to digitally connect the next 1 billion people in the emerging markets.
Indus App Bazaar:
India’s Largest Indigenous App Store with more than 60mn users.
Indus App Bazaar is an offering from Indus OS, a home-grown technology brand building content and commerce platform for users to discover and consume digital content & & services in the language of their choice. Indus App Bazaar is an alternative Android based app store designed with innovations in localization, simplicity, user personalization and performance optimization. The platform provides multi-lingual support for users, in English as well as 12 Indian languages –
Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Malayalam, Kannada, Punjabi, Odia, Assamese, and Bengali.
With an AI driven user experience, Indus App Bazaar offers targeted content to their users based on their interest, location, and language. The browse-based discovery platform is easy to use and does not require an email address for users to download apps. Indus App Bazaar offers over 400,000 apps and has over 60 million users. It also has a strategic partnership with Samsung to power its Galaxy Store, across all Samsung devices in India. It is the preferred app distribution channel for top developers like TikTok, Likee, Helo, Paytm, Phonepe, Xender, Shareit, Vmate, Amazon, Meesho.
What you Do:
- Developing automation for the various deployments core to our business
- Documenting run books for various processes / improving knowledge bases
- Identifying technical issues, communicating and recommending solutions
- Miscellaneous support (user account, VPN, network, etc)
- Develop continuous integration / deployment strategies
- Production systems deployment/monitoring/optimization
- Management of staging/development environments.
What you know :
- Ability to work with a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code/script (Python, Ruby, Bash)
- 5+ years of experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfortable with frequent incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools (Chef, Packer, Ansible, or others)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and bare metal systems
- Experience optimizing infrastructure for high availability and low latencies
- Experience with instrumenting systems for monitoring and reporting purposes
- Well versed in software configuration management systems (git, others)
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS or other) and tailoring apps for cloud deployment
- Data management skills
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 3-5 years equivalent experience in systems administration or devops roles.
- Work conducted is focused on business outcomes
- Can work in an environment with a high level of autonomy (at the individual and team level)
- Comfortable working in an open, collaborative environment, reaching across functional.
- True start-up experience - no bureaucracy and a ton of tough decisions that have a real impact on the business from day one.
- Camaraderie of an amazingly talented team that is working tirelessly to build a great OS for India and surrounding markets.
- Awesome benefits, social gatherings etc.
- Work with intelligent, fun and interesting people in a dynamic start-up environment.
Catch up with us on Social Media:
Visit http://www.indusos.com for detailed information.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/indusos
Twitter – https://twitter.com/indusos
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/indusos
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹1,500,000.00 to ₹2,500,000.00 /year
- Technical Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- total work: 5 years (Required)
- DevOps: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Health insurance
- Provident fund (PF)
- Paid leaves / Leave encashment
- Flexible work hours
- Software Development
- Temporarily due to COVID-19