Security Field Engineer
With Apple in Shenzhen - CNMore jobs from Apple
Posted on June 23, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
security, python, ruby
Do your life’s best work here now. With the whole world watching. The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Based out of Shenzhen, this role is part of the APAC Information System & Technology (IS&T) function to support Apple’s supply chains and procurement operations as well as Finance and Channel Sales in China. The role requires a mix of techno-functional and leadership skills to deliver complex projects and operational support in a highly integrated, heterogeneous landscape working with multi-functional teams in different locations. Deploy network security devices at OEM sites inline with Info-sec directives and standards. Provide operational support and to work with relevant OEM partners on monitoring and maintaining Apple security requirement.
Deploy, manage & support Security appliances within various network environment with Firewalls/IPS/IDS & Remote Access infrastructures in China/APAC region. Create programmable scripts for automated network operation and monitoring Document technical proposals under the guidance of SOP. Respond to the issues/queries from in-region production line and provide instant feedback to remote teams including SRE/R&D/PM/HWTE. Carry on duty-shift for network incidents and security issues in production enviroments Travel frequently within Greater China, 60 percent or more. Key Partners All functional departments in the region. E.g OEM Vendors/AIS/GNS/JMET/Operation/Engineering team Territory coverage China and Asia Pacific regions
Skills & requirements
- Solid knowledge on computer network and common protocols, TCP/IP and OSI model, UDP, DNS, FTP, SSH, SSL/TLS, HTTP et cetera, and various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus etc.
- Programming skills, sufficient to write and execute scripts from the command line such as Python/Ruby/Go.
- Experience in installing, configuring & troubleshooting network routers,switches,firewall/vpn devices. Hands-on experience with analysis of network traffic and packet sniffer.
- Knowledge on manufacturing network such as SFC/MES and security control in production line setup would be a plus.
- Knowledge in operating system mechanism such as Darwin/Free BSD/WinNT/CE, experience in Unix-like Sys and cmd line level setup DNS, DHCP, Web, SMTP, VPN and other Internet Services.
- Knowledge in networking technologies such as IPv6,Ethernet, MPLS, IPSec, VxLANs, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, QoS, ACLs, VPNs, VoIP, Structured Cabling to rest name a few.
- 2-5 years relevant work experience in a MNC or major national company.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Security from a recognized University. CCNP Sec certification required Certification like CISSP, CCSP, etc would be a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.