=== APPLIED MACHINE LEARNING RESEARCHER ===
With Apple in Cupertino CA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on June 27, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Data Scientist
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
algorithm, c, machine-learning
The Video Computer Vision organization is working on exciting technologies for future Apple products. Our focus is on ML based solution around real time image and video. We have contributed to the FaceID and FaceKit project in the past and more recently the new LIDAR iPad sensor. We are looking for the right Site Reliability Engineer to help us take our efforts to the next level. In this role, you will be part of the core data infrastructure team for the Video Computer Vision organization. You will be a core contributor in our SRE team to develop and maintain a modern deployment system for cloud services and applications. You will be responsible for system bringup, deployment, reliability, security and service scalability. This role is highly multi-functional and you will work very closely with various highly skilled software development / ML teams developing cutting edge algorithms.
Are you passionate about building AI/ML products with focus on Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) applications? Are you passionate about solving hard problems? Video Computer Vision org at Apple is looking for machine learning researcher to join the team of highly accomplished and deeply technical scientist. You will design and implement new machine learning algorithms while collaborating with the most innovative product development teams at Apple. We provide the right balance between research and product to deliver Apple quality state of the art experiences on various apple devices. You will have the opportunity to touch the life of millions of people through amazing products. Our team researches new machine learning algorithm and techniques and has a track record of shipping some of the most impactful CVML products ever shipped by Apple. Examples include FaceID, Animoji/Memoji, Scene Understanding, People Understanding and Positional Tracking (VIO/SLAM). We want new ambitious team members to join our research ML group. In this role, we create new models and algorithms, and actively engage with the academic community. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to impactful projects at Apple, and use your machine learning and computer vision skills to transfer your ideas into solutions for some of the most complicated technical problems in the next generation of products that will delight millions of people.
Skills & requirements
- Strong academic and publication record
- Solid programming skills with Python (C/C++ is a plus)
- Deep understand of deep learning algorithms and workflows, in particular working with large scale visual data
- Background in algorithms development for mining patterns from large scale visual data
- Conceive proof of concept prototypes that establish overall system performance
- Understand key data that impact machine learning algorithms
- Agile integration of deep learning, data collection and failure analysis
- Designing and evaluating experiments monitoring key performance measures
- Visualization and deeper understanding of deep learning networks
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
MS/PhD in Computer Science/Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience).