Software Engineer - Device Management
With Apple in Austin TX USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on June 27, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Mobile Developer
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cocoa, objective-c, python
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the team and contribute to a variety of products and projects that include application development, scripting, and integrations with our MDM service. If you’d like to be part of a small team that makes a big impact at Apple, we’d love to hear from you. Mobile Device Management (MDM) plays a critical role keeping devices secure at Apple and is an essential tool that helps us deliver a user experience that meets the high expectations of our company’s employees. Our goal is to make the technology invisible so that everyone can focus on doing the work they love to do at the best of their ability. As the demand for our Corporate MDM service continues to grow rapidly we are building a team capable of serving Apple’s needs at a global scale. We handle very large numbers of devices (macOS, iOS and tvOS) and support a wide variety of business units with unique needs that MDM can solve.
Our MDM Dev team build applications to enhance the productivity of Apple employees around the globe. In addition, there are a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved for our MDM service that require experienced software engineers to architect scalable, efficient solutions that can be deployed to scoped audiences or the whole company. Your responsibilities will include working closely with the other engineers on the team and interacting with our UX, QA and PM teams to deliver exciting products and solutions for Apple employees to use. The expectations of our internal audience are high, and we strive to exceed those expectations. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem-solving and communication skills. We welcome your creative ideas.
Skills & requirements
- Knowledgable in object-oriented programming, multi-threading, and MVC
- Experienced with Objective-C / Cocoa / Swift / Python (or equivalent scripting language)
- Familiar with Systems Administration concepts
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Familiar with Agile methodology
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management (MDM) is not essential but the role will require the successful candidate to acquire a useable level of understanding of this area.
- Role may alternatively be based in Sacramento, CA if candidate prefers.