SW Eng AMP Videos
With Apple in Cupertino CA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on June 27, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
The Apple TV Services Teams What happens when the world’s most innovative engineers collaborate with the world’s most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. Meet the reinventors: The Apple TV Services teams created and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch their favorite shows, movies, and so much more — including everything they love from the major subscription services. Today, these teams also manage one of the most exciting new realms at Apple: They bring viewers the critically acclaimed and award-winning Apple Originals in Apple TV+. And they’ve engineered it so Apple TV+ can be enjoyed not only on Apple devices, but also directly on many new televisions and third-party streaming devices. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, these engineers employ talent and tools to smoothly ingest and process a wide array of media assets. They work cross-functionally to handle video flow from content ingestion, playback, transcoding, and virtually everything else it takes to make the experience as seamless as possible. Join them to see what else is possible. Areas of work include macOS/iOS Engineering, Full-Stack Engineering, Front-End Engineering, Back-End Engineering, Quality Engineering, Machine Learning Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, Commerce Engineering, and Engineering Project Management. We successfully launched Apple TV+. Now we are growing! The AP Videos team is looking for a motivated developer who also possesses excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate should have experience developing frameworks for large scale systems, and should be a good standout colleague.
On the Apple Video Frameworks team, you will - Design, build, and maintain the core frameworks used by Apple Video's engineering teams - Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack - Build a phenomenal customer experience for people using your infrastructure
Skills & requirements
- We value 5+ years crafting, implementing and supporting highly scalable backend services
- We off a place where your deep understanding of HTTP and REST APIs will be put to good use.
- You are familiar with multi-threaded programming concepts
- Strong experience with Java and the Java ecosystem.
- Experience with Kafka
- We offer an environment where you can Mentor team members on writing code that is efficient, maintainable and testable.
- We provide lots of opportunities to learn new technologies/frameworks.
- Experience crafting and building distributed systems with strong latency and SLA requirements.
- If you have worked with asynchronous programming in java, that is a plus.