Senior Network Engineer
With eBay in Amsterdam - NLMore jobs from eBay
Posted on June 28, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: eCommerce, Internet Marketing
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
python, cisco, bgp, tcp-ip
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets. We invite you to join us!
About the team:
We are expanding the team responsible for building and managing a large multi-tenant network.
We are looking for an experienced network engineer with a passion for networking and making a difference.
Your tasks & responsibilities
- Be able to deep dive in to a range of technologies (e.g. routing, switching, load balancing, automation and private/public cloud connectivity).
- Plan and execute technical projects to improve the reliability and availability of our infrastructure, Core, Edge, Access and Clos networks)
- You will play a leading role in our network projects and initiatives, for example building new infrastructure and core network migrations, platform refresh, expanding cloud regions and optimizing network infrastructure and design improvements
- Be a key part of crafting and defining the future vision for eCG platforms. You will partner with our colleagues and vendors across the globe to ensure we maintain our high level of service.
- You hold either a bachelor's degree or relevant work experience and/or have certification (CCIE/JNCIE)
- You have 3+ years experience managing / operating similar private hosting environment or service provider
- You have 6+ years’ experience working with Cisco/Juniper and in depth knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Have a solid grasp of network operating systems (JUNOS, Cisco IOS)
- You can write code in Python or Ansible or similar scripting language
- You have excellent knowledge of TCP/IP You have a pragmatic approach to solving problems and are open to new ideas in an ever changing environment
- You are willing to provide on-call support as part of a paid rotation You have effective oral and written English communication skills
Experience with one or more of the following would be great: experience with SDN technologies (such as VXLAN, MPLSoGRE, MPLSoUDP , Juniper Contrail) and Anti-DDoS solutions.
What do we offer?
Dynamic, international teams with a real passion for e-commerce, integrity and a good sense of humour.
High team autonomy and agile environment. A secure place for your professional and personal growth, we offer continuous development through trainings, workshops & conferences.