Linux Server Engineer - Administration / Backup / Redhat
With RM IT Professional Resources AG in Basel - CHMore jobs from RM IT Professional Resources AG
Posted on June 29, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Linux Server Engineer / Administrator - Redhat / Storage / Backup - This is a long term contract opportunity vacancy requiring profound Administration, Backup and Redhat knowledge for a globally operating Basel based company in the financial sector.
- 5+ years of work experience as well as proficiency with system management and provisioning via Red Hat Satellite 6 and Capsules
- Extensive understanding of IT best practice, its application in a business environment, latest trends in technology, customer and vendor management
- Experience of participating in IT initiatives along with superb customer management skills
- Backup solutions experience - (Avamar or NetWorker are highly desirable) along with Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems administration experience
- Expertise in providing third-level support, design input in an enterprise environment, scripting with Perl or Python, system monitoring as well as Ansible, Ansible Tower, Nagios or Prometheus are favorable
- Finished diploma, similar degree or education in a relevant technical IT discipline plus being a Red Hat Certified Professional
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken, German, Italian or French is a plus
- Designing, implementing and maintaining of third-level support for all software and hardware regarding front and back end focusing on a Red Hat Linux environment
- Ensuring best practice implementation of core server and infrastructure application technologies
- Managing and evolving the current technologies guaranteeing a secure, supportable and vastly available environment
- Being responsible for providing a steady infrastructure, network, database and infrastructure application environment for all sorts of applications as assigned
- Maintaining and working on the corporate backup platform
- Developing new progressive processes ensuring the reliability and suitability to business of the applications across different industry-leading hardware technologies
- Working with other internal teams regarding changes in releases or design
Start: ASAP Duration: 08MM+ Location: Basel, Switzerland Ref.Nr.: BH15735
Does this spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.