Senior Software Engineer
With Ultimate Software in Singapore - SGMore jobs from Ultimate Software
Posted on July 02, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Computer Software, Human Resources, Software Development
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Private
kubernetes, docker, linux, microservices, iaas
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be working in close collaboration with the infrastructure team, you will be included in the daily life of the teams in order to have the best understanding and work relations. Through automation, process improvement, teaching, coaching and proactive monitoring you will build and maintain highly fault tolerant CI pipelines which incorporate proactive monitoring, alerting and outage notifications on numerous custom software platforms. This role will need to have deep familiarity with integrations on numerous hosting systems, deployment means, and containerized deployments. This position will be a mix of strategy, implementation and hands on individual contributor development. Heavy dev ability required. Custom automation of build and deploy pipelines, custom per team will be needed for integration of new components and services.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- You will drive impact through technical influence across the organization and play a critical role in the development of the monitoring and deployment infrastructure.
- Writing stress and load tests to see breaking points and scalability issues of the application and subsequently following up by creating stories for the development team to improve
- Making sure the team understands its SLIs, SLOs and client facing SLAs
- Troubleshooting existing production issues and collaborating with numerous teams to solve an underlying issue.
- Taking information from learned incidents and working on improving tooling and visibility
- Helping teams evaluate complexity vs understandability of features, patterns or decisions
- Responsible for building trustworthy, secure and reliable infrastructure
- Ease of integration and management of the infrastructure where it is easy to scale as development and adoption scales
Required Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes.
- Containerized deployment (Docker, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD tooling (Concourse, CircleCI, Jenkins).
- Advanced experience with at least one programming language
- Understanding of file systems, linux.
- Hashicorp Vault
- Antifragility pattern design
- Cloud deployments
- Microservice patterns/deployment
- Experience with HA and distributed IAAS
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- Artifactory experience.
- Travel may be up to 20%
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8 ;
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Team Member will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.