Principle Data Architect
With Citizens Bank in Providence RI USMore jobs from Citizens Bank
Posted on July 24, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Banking, Financial Services, Financial Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
amazon-web-services, cloud, automation, java, python
In this role you will set strategy and lead our evolution to a continuous delivery model, while mentoring, guiding and educating a fixed and rotating group of platform engineers on security, automation and cloud architecture / technology. Primary responsibilities include:** Software/Infrastructure Delivery**
- Deploying, maintaining and supporting data and analytics infrastructure including but not limited to Talend Big Data, Ataccama MDM and other tools.
- Contributing to application code base and architecture with a focus on optimization for performance, reliability, scalability, security and cost
- Developing and implementing solutions for non-functional requirements with a focus on broad re-use across system components
- Implementing CI/CD best practices, deployment pipelines and test automation frameworks to enable frequent, high quality releases
- Defining and implementing application deployment strategy based on platform type Operations
- Guiding, growing and training agile engineering teams to optimize service quality and ensure adoption of operational best practices
- Ensuring the effective capture of application telemetry, logging and monitoring of all aspects of system and application behavior to facilitate fast detection and resolution of issues
- Designing and developing operational tools and services needed to effectively operate system components
- Understanding and adhering to operational processes ensuring audit-ability, risk and compliance with ISO and industry standards (includes Incident, Problem and Change Management)
- Continually evaluating service and infrastructure usage to effectively manage performance, capacity and cost – automating solutions wherever possible
- Participating as a member of the Site Reliability Engineering community to develop tools and services that enable automated operations Support
- Contributing to documentation required to guide on-call engineers and on-board team members
- Maintaining system wide health and proactively seeking out potential issues, address with component teams
- Proactively and continuously driving system wide quality improvements by undertaking thorough root cause analysis for major incidents with component engineering teams
- Providing training and coaching in a capacity as Subject Matter Expert to other engineers
- Experienced in AWS Cloud concepts (AWS Cloud Practitioner and Architect Certification preferred)
- Required experience in a continuous delivery model similar role at an organization that has adopted the SRE model
- Background in production operations and support at scale with a proven track record of maintaining highly available and performant platforms
- Experienced in programming and scripting languages to contribute to application development and automation (e.g., Java, Node.js, Python)
- Some practical knowledge of container solutions (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes,)
- Experience with source Control Systems (e.g., Subversion, GIT/BitBucket)
- Experience with tools and platforms like (e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Nexus)
- Hands on working knowledge of CI/CD deployment pipelines
- Hands on working knowledge of Talend Studio and Administration Console
- Security best practices (SSH, Digital certificate management, or standards such as PCI)
- Excellent debugging / problem solving skills including ability to investigate and remedy software bugs if necessary
- Preferably experienced with Infrastructure as a Service / Cloud computing (e.g., Amazon AWS, Google Compute Engine, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to upgrade hardware operating system software and third party software.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and document medium to large product upgrades.
- Demonstrated ability to lead Disaster Recovery team, including scripting and testing for operating systems, third party software and storage recovery.
- Experience in project management techniques and the ability to lead projects to a timely successful outcome
- Must be able to effectively communicate with coworkers and all levels of management both verbally and written.
- Must be able to effectively work in a remote and distributive work environment.
- Must fulfill on-call duties and responsibilities and work outside of core business hours depending on need.
- 2 or more years managing and administering IBM Datastage 11.x, or newer, on UNIX.
- Exposure to Podium Data Analytics Tool
- Demonstrated experience working on UNIX operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience working on Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Knowledge and experience working with relational databases – SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, DB2 or Netezza
- Exposure to cloud database concepts such as Amazon Redshift, RDS, Postgres, MariaDB, Neo4j Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree required Hours & Work Schedule Hours per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.