Software Engineering - Oracle PL\\SQL
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Hyderabad - INMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on July 24, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator, System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
sql, oracle, sysadmin
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* 7+ years of Oracle PL\SQL experience
* Review and Implement existing data models, database designs and table maintenance code.
* Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication and other data mismatch issues.
* Identify and tune poorly performing database queries. Pro-actively tune the queries to get better performance and throughput
* Strong database skills in Oracle, writing complex SQL queries, PL/SQL, stored procedures, Materialized Views
* Database Schema creations, privileges and DBA utilities like DB/SCHEMA Export/Import/SQL*Loader
* Knowledge of release management version and revision control practices and procedures
* Have strong scripting skills
* Ability to work with team members across locations and groups. Capable of working with limited supervision, and leading other team members
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical documentation
* Evaluate new products and services related to business needs
* Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.