DevOps Group Lead
With ArcherDX, Inc. in Boulder CO USMore jobs from ArcherDX, Inc.
Posted on July 27, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Lead
Industry: Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Genomics
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: VC Funded
linux, devops, bash, amazon-web-services, python
DevOps Group Lead
THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - http://www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhance genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at http://www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
POSITION SUMMARY: ArcherDX's patented chemistry and powerful bioinformatics software have placed us at the bleeding edge of the fight against cancer and other genetic diseases. You'll join a multidisciplinary team focused on creating tools for the democratization of personalized medicine.
The DevOps Group Lead position is responsible for a variety of process and infrastructure initiatives, including development and enhancements for Archer’s flagship cloud-based genomics product, automating platforms supporting regulatory initiatives, enhancing existing pipelines to improve efficiency and long-term ecosystem health, and developing new processes to enable telemetry, actionable alerts, and self-healing infrastructure. This position will supervise a small team of DevOps engineers. RESPONSIBILITIES: Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Ensure that Archer’s genomics platform is highly available, scalable, and maintainable
- Maintain and extend existing configuration management deployments
- Migrate existing deployment tools into a fully automated and managed process
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Extend and enhance existing CI/CD pipelines
- Work directly with the DevOps and SRE engineers and software engineers to ensure system integrity
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve telemetry gathering, reporting, and alerting
- Follow best practices and procedures as established by both ArcherDX and industry
- Review, understand, and comply with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field, or equivalent working experience
- Four years in an SRE/DevOps role, or related IT or operations field
- Team management experience
- Strong Linux and Bash skills
- Proficient with configuration management tools (e.g. Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Proficient with AWS tools and infrastructure (EC2, S3, IAM, ECS, Lambda, and CloudWatch),
- Proficient with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins), and scripting languages (Python strongly preferred)
- Proficient with IAC tools such as Terraform (preferred)
- Proficient with containerized systems in a cloud environment
- Familiar with Scrum and Agile development methodologies
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Solution-oriented attitude
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward. EDUCATION:
- BS/MS in computer science, information system, or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.