Power & Performance Data Engineer
With Apple in San Diego CA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on July 28, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
c++, python, java
Meaningful insights require a solid infrastructure that is able to scale with the large amount of data coming in. Our team is responsible for discovering such great insights from a sea of data, and our infrastructure needs innovative ideas to improve its performance and ease-of-use. Would you like to help understand the challenges of building and maintaining a large-scale analytics infrastructure? Are you excited about identifying areas for improvement and creating out-of-the-box solutions? If this describes you, we would love to hear from you!
We're looking for a motivated engineer with excellent programming, problem solving and communication skills. In this role, you will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of our team’s analytics infrastructure. You will enable continued innovation and progress within the infrastructure through research and development. You will help and support the execution, test and roll-out of solutions. To be successful in this role, you must have a solid software engineering background and be able to write production level code. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to solve challenging engineering problems across a broad range of Apple products.
Skills & requirements
- Excellent programming skills in C, C++, Python or Java
- Prior experience developing production software
- 2 years minimum experience with Linux system administration and command line tools
- Strong analytical thinking
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- PLEASE NOTE: This position will be based in our San Diego location. Travel of up to 20% will also be required.