With Nominet in Oxford - GBMore jobs from Nominet
Posted on July 29, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, DNS, Internet Infrastructure
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: Private
cloud, amazon-web-services, linux, continuous-integration, terraform, sysadmin
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
For our growing Cyber Solutions DevOps team we are looking for a DevOps Engineer who will work closely with other engineers to deliver new features, products and services. You will work on the deployment of products into the cloud and leverage modern CM technologies. You will ensure best practice is adhered to by the rest of the team and take ownership of the security, reliability and stability of cloud deployments.
- Work on deployment, management and maintenance of new cloud-based cyber security products
- Support development of new product features.
- Deliver implementation of robust, maintainable, standards-compliant configuration and infrastructure in an agile working environment.
- Advise colleagues to ensure new products and features are deployed safely in a timely and effective manner.
- Investigating and engaging with new trends, technologies, and configurations. Advocate, educate and build consensus.
- Building relationships with other teams/key stakeholders and working in a cohesive, friendly and collaborative manner to deliver real value for customers.
- Ensure all development is completed in line with architectural standards
- Excellent knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud solution
- Excellent Linux administration skills (CentOS or RHL are preferable).
- Excellent networking and security background.
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP stack.
- Good familiarity with version control systems like Subversion/Git.
- Good knowledge of scripting.
- Experience of CI (Continuous Integration), using tools such as Team City.
- Superb interpersonal communication skills.
- Vision, drive and passion: someone who’s prepared to get the job done, no matter what it takes and reap the rewards.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Knowledge of containerisation tools such as Docker.
- Knowledge of MYSQL
- Any knowledge of DNS, RPZ or BGP would be considered a huge plus for any potential candidate.
- Knowledge of Ansible
If you are an experienced DevOps Engineer or Infrastructure Specialist with strong desire to deliver new features, products and services within the cyber security space then please Apply Now !