Software Engineering - SRE role - Java, Cloud
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Mumbai - INMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on July 29, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, spring, java-ee
This role provides the opportunity to be part of a newly established Level 3 dev/support team. The role involves Level 3 production support, deep diving into technical issues that the Level 1 and 2 Operate teams cannot resolve, as well as designing and coding solutions to recurring issues and implementing enhancements to the suite of applications we work on. You will work alongside others based in this team and report to the Team Lead. This team forms part of a Global Level 3 team for the group, with peer teams in India and the US, providing full round the clock coverage on a follow the sun model.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* Work experience : 5-10 years
* Java 8 development and debugging experience.
* Frameworks: Struts, Spring, Hibernate
* Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
* Basics of database concepts and working experience on any Relational Database.
* Experience in working and debugging on Cloud technologies - Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS),Platform as a Service (PaaS),Software as a Service (SaaS), Microservices.
Good to have:
* Financial Services domain experience, particularly in Collateral and Margin and/or OTC Derivatives.
* Experience working on DevOps/SRE role.
* Experience working as part of agile development teams using Scrum.
* Experience on Cassandra database.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.