With MediaAlpha in Redmond WA USMore jobs from MediaAlpha
Posted on July 30, 2020
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Ad Tech, Digital Advertising, Programmatic Advertising
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
mysql, redis, sysadmin
We are looking for a seasoned MySQL DBA/Engineer to support MediaAlpha's ad serving infrastructure hosted on AWS. The MySQL DBA/Engineer will be responsible for design, implementation, maintenance, and on-going improvement of several MySQL RDS and Redis instances running on AWS. Other responsibilities include work on establishing and maintaining data security and integrity controls, formulate and monitor policies, procedures and standards relating to data management. They must be able to adjust to constant business changes including new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies. The MySQL DBA/Engineer must be able to interact, develop and communicate collaboratively at the highest level with other engineers, internal stakeholders and external clients and partners at all levels of a professional organization.
In this role, you will be maintaining several MySQL RDS and Redis instances and further designing and developing our database and data management infrastructure of our AWS cloud service.
- You will be responsible for setting data security standards, controls and monitoring.
- You will be setting SQL development best practices and mentoring other team members.
- You will be getting hands-on to tackle key infrastructure and scaling challenges.
- You will work with a team of developers to provide high availability and cost-conscious solutions for MediaAlpha's ad serving platform and Exchange management system.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- 7 or more years of industry experience, including at least 5 years of hands-on DB administration.
- 3 or more years of experience managing Amazon RDS instances running MySQL.
- Fluent in DB technology, tools and development.
- Experience administering and supporting multiple databases for performance critical, highly available systems.
- Experience in relational database architecture, data modeling, performance tuning, backup, recovery, scalability, and capacity planning.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Experience with designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications/systems using proven or emerging technologies in a variety of technologies and environments.
- A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and ability to problem solve, while paying careful attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal skills and comfort in a fast-paced setting.
- Experience in Redis.
- Experience in implementation of workflow procedures and policies.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Highly competitive salary and bonus program participation.
- High-quality PPO health, dental, and vision care plans with zero employee contributions and zero deductibles (in-network).
- Flexible spending account.
- Open/Unlimited PTO.
- 401K company contribution program (after 90 days).
- Ongoing professional training and education program with reimbursements.
- Generous employee perks (e.g., mobile phone program, gym membership)