Senior DevOps Engineer
With SAP in St. Louis Park MN USMore jobs from SAP
Posted on July 30, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Customer Experience Management, Enterprise Software
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
puppet, ansible, sysadmin
Requisition ID: 249985
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Concur imagines the way the world should work, offering cloud-based services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. By connecting data, applications and people, SAP Concur delivers an effortless experience and total transparency into spend wherever and whenever it happens. Concur services adapt to individual employee preferences and scale to meet the needs of companies from small to large, so they can focus on what matters most. The company serves more than 30,000 clients representing more than 27 million users in over 150 countries.
Be a part of one of the largest SaaS providers in the world. We are looking for a talented individual to be central player in delivering our online services into the next generation.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for the security and operations of the production website in a SaaS and public cloud-based web service. This position will be a senior member of an engineering team that is responsible for reliability, engineering, and design of our globally available website.
The best candidates thrive on innovating, standardizing, and automating production website services. Constantly finding ways to improve reliability. Exceptional candidates love partnering with software engineering teams in designing and delivering software at scale. Candidates should demonstrate a track record of learning new and evolving technologies while supporting and maintaining current and legacy technologies.
This role only based at Minnesota area.
- Write and deploy code to maintain production services across multiple datacenters and cloud environments by using configuration management systems and code pipelines.
- Be the engineer that enjoys finding problems and implementing solutions to avoid repeat issues.
- Partner with software engineering teams for building out website environments, troubleshoot code deployments, and configuration related problems.
- Create and maintain configuration management systems such as Ansible and Puppet for our Cloud Deployments.
- Ability to design and implement solutions to generate trouble alerts, auto-heal system failures, and be able to report on website health.
- Deep troubleshooting and forensic skills.
- Contribute to the compliance and security objectives
- 5+ years of Windows and/or Linux system engineering experience.
- Coding languages: Java, GoLang, and/or .net familiarity and web server experience
- Proven scripting/coding skills
- 3+ years of experience with Public Cloud such as AWS, Google Cloud, and/or Windows Azure
- 3+ years experience maintaining large website deployments using Puppet, CHEF, Ansible or other Configuration management tools
- 5+ years experience with server virtualization and container (docker) technologies
- Experience with security and compliance technology and initiatives
- Ability to do after hours on-call shifts
Technology backgrounds we value:
- Windows Server / Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Docker, Kubernetes (K8’s), Kraken
- IIS, Tomcat, Nginx
- GoLang / Java / Node.JS / .Net
- MS SQL Server, MySQL, Hadoop, etc…
- NoSQL solutions
- Load Balancers (F5, NGINX, ALB/NLB)
- Ansible / Puppet
- CISSP or other security or compliance certifications are plus.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.