Senior Engineering Manager
With Auth0 in Multiple locationsMore jobs from Auth0
Posted on July 30, 2020
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Industry: Information Technology, IT Security, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 501–1k people
Company type: VC Funded
cloud, security, devops, sre, amazon-web-services
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice of developers and enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
The Auth0 Private SaaS Engineering team owns the platform that powers the Auth0 service supporting in our single subscriber environments and we are looking for a highly technical and hands on engineering manager to lead and grow our engineering teams.
- Own the availability of the Auth0 service scaling the infrastructure to keep pace with our growth.
- Lead a team of Engineers to deliver highly available infrastructure.
- Mentor and coach new engineering managers and engineers to keep them challenged and delivering their best work.
- Build a diverse team - fostering a collaborative and an inclusive environment.
- Develop a roadmap for future work and be accountable for its delivery.
- Build a metrics program.
- Develop strong relationship with our internal Engineering teams; influencing their roadmaps and understand where we need to fill any gaps.
- Collaborate with our public cloud platform team on a unified roadmap.
- Articulate and instrument new ways to drive costs savings.
- Several years experience in a security engineering management role or a senior engineering team lead role.
- Experience building and maintaining large-scale production systems, particularly in AWS.
- Experience hiring and attracting talented Engineers.
- A passion for availability.
- Hands on experience working as an Engineer (SRE, DevOps, Ops etc).
- Great organizational and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort managing a remote, globally distributed team.
- Experience using Linux, Postgres, MongoDB, Elasticsearch and Sumo Logic.
- A passion for infrastructure as code and config management tools.
- Experience managing an agile release processes.
- Experience with other cloud providers such as Azure.
- #US; #AR; #CAN;
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.