With ECR Software Corp. in Boone NC USMore jobs from ECR Software Corp.
Posted on July 31, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: Database Administrator, System Administrator
Industry: Computer Software, Data & Analytics, Databases
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
sql, mysql, java, mariadb, hadoop, sysadmin
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
We are seeking an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) to join our winning team of highly skilled, intelligent and ambitious technology professionals on a mission to innovate and deliver industry dominating software solutions to our customer community.
- This is an extremely visible role as the database is an important component of our flagship products. These products rely on an efficient and highly available database to enable and support omni-channel transactions no matter how complex, where, how and when customers want to transact.
- Contribute to the achievement of Database design, migration, architecture, performance, security, administration and availability objectives
- Supports our solution development and deployment operations including triaging technical issues, working quickly to resolve customer issues, understanding root cause, and executing/summarizing a Root Cause Analysis of the incidents/problems.
- This DBA role requires a service-oriented, customer-first mentality and high sense of ownership. The DBA will be expected to continually look for areas of improvement in projects, products and processes to ensure efficiency, consistency and accuracy. Self-direction and the ability to manage and allocate your time over multiple simultaneous projects are keys for success.
What's in it for you:
- This is the place to hone your existing database and leadership skills while having the chance to become exposed to fresh and divergent technologies that are hardened for high performance, scalability and efficiency.
- As a critical member of the team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a team of developers and engineers who have recently graduated as well as other team members who are experts in their domain.
- Install, configure and maintain SAP SQL Anywhere and similar servers (like MariaDB, MySQL, etc.)
- Architect and monitor availability and performance of production databases and servers
- Daily database maintenance, user assistance and troubleshooting
- Analyze and resolve complex technical problems, including performance tuning, and application design and debugging
- Conduct/support OS and hardware maintenance in coordination with development and operations teams
- Participate and perform migrations into Development/Production environments
- Monitor database backups and maintain recovery procedures
- Administer and follow database compliance and security standards
- Plan database and server level capacity according to statistics and user requests
- Work through disaster recovery plans with other groups and departments
- Create and configure new accounts, databases and other server objects
- Communicate/work effectively in a team environment
- Resolve most complex DBA tasks
- Migrate DBs
- Contribute to DBA runbook
- Improve key operational performance indicators
- Work closely with Engineering and Infrastructure teams
- Work in close contact with team members and project stakeholders on the client's site
- Bachelor's degree with a computer science focus or equivalent experience
- 8 years of related experience within SQL Anywhere, MySQL or MariaDB
- Experience in application and data architecture with NoSQL, MariaDB/My SQL
- Experience in shell scripting desirable
- Expertise with one or more of the following Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Couchbase, Cassandra, Redshift
- Experience coding DML, DDL, triggers, events, Stored procedures in MY SQL/ MariaDB
- Willingness to learn and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Uses strong writing and verbal communication skills to build awareness and to proactively promote DBA's position in support of sound database structures, data governance, and other Corporate strategies.
- Displays excellent collaborative skills with cross-functional teams.
- Provide positive customer service to internal business partners.
- Proven ability to serve as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor on future-proofing database infrastructure strategies
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.