Java Developer - Scala / Big Data
With RM IT Professional Resources AG in Zürich - CHMore jobs from RM IT Professional Resources AG
Posted on July 31, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
scala, java, apache
Java Developer - Scala / Big Data vacancy for a globally operating Zurich based company in the financial sector.
- 5+ years of work experience in software development using Scala and Java languages also containing experience as architect or technical lead
- Expertise with building data-intensive IT solutions using No-SQL and Big Data databases along with relational databases
- Knowhow of Hadoop distributions like Cloudera or Hortonworks plus cloud-based technologies and Test Driven Development
- Knowledge in building distributed data processing pipelines via Apache Flink or Apache Spark while also working with data streaming technologies like Apache Kafka or Kinesis
- Skillset including the ability to shape software architecture and integrating emerging open-source technologies
- Experience with agile working methodology plus basic project management skills, Python, Apache Druid and elastic technology stack like Elastic, Logstash or Kibana are a plus
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
Developing software modules responsible for sourcing intraday and end-of-day data plus extracting analytical insights from that data
Improving general architecture of the solution using modern technologies available in the company along with participating in the design and technology review of software components developed by the teams
Working on development processes as well as improving software performance
Assisting with integration testing focusing on automated and manual testing
Supporting with 3rd level support to resolve issues regarding the production system
Cooperating with members of different teams on requirements, preparing releases and delivering the applications to production Start:** Duration: Location: Ref.Nr.:**ASAP 12MM+ Zurich, Switzerland BH15848
Does this spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health- and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.