Linux System Engineer - TS/SCI Clearance Required
With Ridgeline International, Inc. in McLean VA USMore jobs from Ridgeline International, Inc.
Posted on July 31, 2020
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Agile Software Development, Defence & Security, Network Engineering
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
linux, centos, ansible, docker, vmware
*Must have a TS/SCI Security Clearance*
Do you want to want to use your creativity and technical expertise to build products and technical capabilities that directly affect mission outcomes? If so, then Ridgeline may be the place for you!
Our Systems Engineer role is an architect that designs systems, prototypes them, and implements them to some degree. You will build systems from scratch by installing ESXi, setting up the network on the firewalls, and switches. Also, you will be installing VMs and applications, getting them networked, and then getting the system secured. Additionally, you would need to be able to troubleshoot all of the above with support from more senior admins/engineers as needed. You will be part of an engineering team that designs acquire, configures, and deploys complex, secure, highly reliable mission commination systems that provide voice and data services to our customers using a combination of on-premises and cloud-based systems.
Successful candidates will have an in-depth understanding of complex IP networks, systems administration, virtualization, and containerization and professional experience that demonstrates initiative, responsibility, and impact commensurate with their years of experience. Above all else, successful candidates must bring curiosity, willingness to work as a team, and the desire to continually learn.
What you will do:
- Design, acquire, configure, and deploy complex network systems that meet customer mission needs
- Engineer, Linux, Windows, and Android-based systems
- Provide tier-three support to operational systems and users
- Ensure security through meticulous attention to detail throughout the system lifecycle
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Train teammates on technologies in use
- Write engineering documentation for both internal user and external security assessments
What you need to qualify:
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Proven experience designing, deploying, and administering -based systems in a production environment
- Proven server virtualization experience such as VMware ESXi/vSphere
- Proven experience with complex network topologies and configuring switches, routers, and firewalls
- In-depth Knowledge of system security including current threats, vulnerabilities, mitigation techniques and practices
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to haves:
- BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) or military tech school training is a plus
- Experience with VOIP and/or video systems is a plus
- Experience with Ansible, Docker, RHEL, CentOS, Android
- Networking experience
- AWS & other cloud service knowledge and experience
Here are some Perks of being a Ridgeliner!
- 20% 401K contribution regardless of employee match
- Flexible PTO
- $2,500 Annual Clothing & $2,000 Annual Hobby Allowances
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, life
- Free daily snacks & drinks
- We have a new office located one block from the silver line metro
- Free gym membership at Sport & Health 1 block from the office
- Get the technology you want to do your job
- Flexible work schedules
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.