Senior Data Engineer
With Ultimate Software in Atlanta GA USMore jobs from Ultimate Software
Posted on July 31, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Backend Developer, DevOps
Industry: Computer Software, Human Resources, Software Development
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Private
java, python, devops, apache-spark, akka
Ultimate Software is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our analytics experts within the Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing product development Organization. The individual will be responsible for optimizing our data pipelines and helping to design our next generation analytics environment. The ideal candidate is experienced in data pipeline builder who enjoys building new solutions and optimizing existing solutions. Must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. And be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
The role will support our database architects, business analysts, product owners, and the data scientists on complex data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You will do so by partnering with stakeholders/teams and building scalable solutions that provide business critical insights and metrics, while ensuring the best uptime and responsiveness.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business use cases.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build software required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using numerous technologies.
- Build analytics data pipelines to provide actionable insights into customer behavior, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with key personnel to assist with data-related technical issues and product support.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- 2+ Public Cloud Development Experience
- 3+ years of experience with Spark, Flink, Samza, Kafka Streams, Akka Streams, and/or Storm
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineering role
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- 5 years of experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- 7+ Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Working knowledge of DevOps methodology and Site Reliability Engineering
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and platforms.
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Team Member will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.