Software Engineering - Full Stack
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Jersey City NJ USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on July 31, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Full Stack Developer
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
unix, linux, c++
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Experience in implementing Red Hat Linux servers
* Proficient in tools like unix scripting, Ansible, Puppet and other DevOps tools
* Understanding cloud, virtualization, container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
* Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java, C/C++, PERL, PHP, J2EE etc
* Experience with agile and lean philosophies
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
* Ability to debug and optimize systems and automate routine tasks.
* Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment with constantly changing priorities.
* Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* IBM Spectrum Scale, IBM Spectrum Symphony and Conductor
* SRE mindset Culture/Approaches: To run better production systems by creating engineering solutions to operational problems.
* Experience of NAS and SAN infrastructure and component
* Experience with system performance monitoring and operational capacity management
* Experience in system security - e.g. working through jumphosts, securing Unix systems for un-trusted networks, etc.