Site Reliability Engineering Manager (Denver OR Austin)
With Apple in Austin TX USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on September 04, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
objective-c, python, devops
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple CDN team wants you to create a team dedicated to enhancing the reliability and performance of the traffic server and surrounding tools comprising the Content Delivery Network. You’ll creatively lead your team to design and create systems and tools to locate areas for improvement in performance and reliability with http server software, and fix them. This is your opportunity to do something extraordinary. Do you enjoythe idea of running a global service that is used by hundreds of millions of hardworking people around the world? Do you enjoy working in an environment that challenges you? Do you like to turn ideas into reality? Imagine the things you will do here!
We are looking to hire passionate individuals to join our team of Site Reliability Engineers managing http://www.apple.com (http://www.apple.com) and associated properties. Build and run the platform that delivers Apple’s front door to all of its customers around the world. Focus on automating every single aspect of the operation. Learn from a focused team of experienced engineers. Develop new ideas, challenge the status quo, and challenge yourself. RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: Building software and systems to manage infrastructure and applications through automation Deployment, support and monitoring of new platforms and application stacks Measurement and optimization of system performance Capacity planning and management Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push our capabilities forward Anticipate our customers’ needs - drive the change
Skills & requirements
- 3+ years supporting hosted services in a high-volume customer-facing environment
- Demonstrated ability to write and debug programs using programming language like: C, C++, Objective-C, Go, Python or Java
- Experience with DevOps tools, processes and culture
- Experience with relational and No-SQL databases
- Experience with Apache and Nginx (configuration, and operation).
- Experience with deployment automation such as puppet, chef, ansible and/or salt.
- Background building and running multi-datacenter distributed infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions
- Very strong networking skills, especially TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and load balancers
- Experience supporting mission-critical systems
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time with high quality
BS or MS in computer science or related field, 12+ years industry experience in lieu of degree.