Instructional Data Analyst
With Apple in Cupertino CA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on September 06, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Data Scientist, System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
apache, machine-learning, sql
The Instructional Products team at Apple develops software and content to help customers get the most out of their Apple products. The work we do spans Apple's operating systems, hardware products, and services. As a Data Analyst in the Instructional Products software engineering team, you'll work to develop KPIs, dashboards, and provide insights to help drive decisions around our content strategy.
As a Data Analyst in the Instructional Products team, you'll be working side-by-side with software engineers, instructional and graphic designers, and the management team to provide data insights across our broad set of deliverables. You'll get a firm understanding of our content strategy goals, and you'll help to define KPIs that align to those goals. You'll work to create and ensure the quality and stability of our data pipelines, working with colleagues in the team, and with our cross-functional partners. You'll propose and drive major initiatives around our data program, helping to plan and forecast scope and timelines for delivery. You'll develop robust data visualizations that will help to quickly and thoroughly answer commonly asked questions about the performance of our content. You'll analyze our data and work with the software engineering and content strategy teams to help us understand the efficacy, impact, and reach of our deliverables and implementations. You'll identify data anomalies, working to root cause and remediate issues in the data collection, storage, transforms, or reporting
Skills & requirements
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in a data analyst/business intelligence role.
- Deep experience working with SQL and building data visualizations with Splunk, Tableau.
- Experience performing analysis on instructional content-driven products and services.
- An understanding of how customers find and consume digital instructional content.
- Experience with data warehousing solutions, such as Teradata.
- Experience estimating and sizing work for the initiatives you will champion.
- Good working knowledge of content management and delivery systems, and A/B testing platforms.
- Experience working cross-functionally with software engineering, legal, and data warehousing teams.
- Fluency in at least one programming language, preferably Python or Java.
- Experience working with stream processing via Apache Spark, Apache Storm, or Kafka a huge plus.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or other related discipline, with a solid foundation in researchbased design using quantitative and qualitative methods, or at least 5 years of related industry experience.