Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Customer Feedback
With Apple in Cupertino CA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on September 06, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
Join the team responsible for Apple’s Beta Software Program. Our app, Feedback Assistant, collects user feedback on beta software releases, while our internal tools analyze, group, and send meaningful feedback to Apple's engineering teams. We are looking for engineers to drive the modernization of our backend infrastructure, develop tools and automation for it, find innovative ways to increase its reliability, and improve its development lifecycle.
We’re a small team with a big footprint. Our portfolio of tools serve both internal and external customers and have a direct impact on the quality of Apple’s software. You will be a key collaborator in our engineering team’s effort to migrate infrastructure from bare-metal and VM deployments into Kubernetes. You will provide leadership in implementing a secure, robust and high availability DevOps pipeline. As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be a primary responder to issues with applications and infrastructure in the production environment. Our hardworking team will look to you for innovative approaches in deployment automation, configuration tracking, metrics, and logging. As our program grows in scale and scope, your experience will craft our platform as it evolves.
Skills & requirements
- Passion for continually learning and exploring new technologies.
- Shown experience with Kubernetes-based infrastructure
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication.
- Familiar with application and service monitoring tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and virtualization technologies.
- Development experience with Python, Ruby or Go.
- Experience with high-availability operations management, including deployment automation and rollback strategies
- Involvement with incident management and response.
Technical/Engineering BS or equivalent proven experience