Applications Support - SAS Administrator & UNIX Scripting
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Bengaluru - INMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 10, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
unix, jenkins, agile
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO). CT teams are aligned with corporate partners' evolving technology needs and the firm's ever expanding technology controls agenda.
The CCBRFT (Consumer & Community Banking Risk Finance & Technology) Organization has responsibility for the implementation and support of infrastructure platforms and software services for CCB Risk and Finance regulatory activities including CCAR, as well as the many modeling and analytics programs throughout CCB. We maintain a number of Analytical and Business Intelligence environments including several technology platforms running SAS, along with the support of many server and desktop SAS products. The CCBRFT Organization consists of application developers, technical analysts, system administrators, SAS administrators, and software engineers
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. This position is for a Site Reliability Engineer responsible for the development and implementation of processes necessary to improve production stability through automation, application / system reliability along with operational support. The position would comprise of approximately equal focus on both software development and infrastructure operation disciplines. This position will also develop software to automate operational processes along with coding for the shared engineering backlog deliverables.
Key Responsibilities :
* Driving innovation across the firm's corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, DevOps and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
* Contributes to product area, or software in order to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoots priority incidents, facilitates blameless post-mortems and supports solutions for closure.
* Engages with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable and automated software releases
* Applies analytics on past data, like incidents and usage patterns for predicting issues and takes proactive actions
* Drives adoption of self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Lead and participate in performance tests, identifies the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demands
* Defines and drives adoption of a best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting with proper telemetry
* Deploys sustainable software, system and product upgrades
* Adds value to team delivery and works with team to complete tasks to high quality and actively learns new skills
* Self manages the effort split between operational work and engineering work
* Supports end-user functional and system support issues via various channels (e.g. tickets, email, chat)
* Be part of the rotational support coverage as needed
* Helping the applications development teams achieve the technological remediation and migration of the existing processes to new platforms
* Automating the existing processes, wherever it provides technological leverage for the business
* Ensuring the smooth run for existing processes/ models on daily basis in production environment, maintain production run books
* Troubleshooting the issues in the execution of processes, like delays in the upstream or downstream data, database access issues, server reboot, etc
* Coordinating with the upstream and downstream teams to make sure that the data issues are resolved
* Working closely with the operate team for rerun of the jobs in case of any job failure or delay in data availability
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field of study/equivalent experience
* Hands on experience in SAS Systems Administratorfor minimum 3-5 years, especially in macros
* Unix experience required for 3-5 years
* Mainframe experience for 1-2 years
* Experience on subversion or other version control highly desirable
* Engineering graduate (preferably computer science/ Electronics)/ Bachelors in Computer Sciences with 5 years' experience
* Understanding Cloud , virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages.
* 3-5 years software development experience in one or more of the following areas: SAS, Python or Java, Shell scripting, SQL, Unix/AIX/Linix
* Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards.
* Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, AIX/Unix/Linux distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development.
* Understanding or have experience with SRE, DevOps and Agile philosophies.
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication.
* Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals.
* Experience working with version control tools such as Bitbucket, Github
* Developing monitoring tools and log analysis tools such as AppDynamics, Apica, Splunk, Apica, Jmeter.
* Experience with Release and Configuration Management tool like ITSM, AIM, EPV, Jenkins
* Experience with Incident Management tools such as Geneos, Alacrity, Conquest
* Experience/knowledge administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Tomcat, WebSphere, Nginx, Microsoft IIS, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Exposure to UI development using HTML5, Angular JS
* A delivery focused approach to work and the ability to work without direction
* Experience in Agile development techniques, including Scrum
* Experience implementing and/or using Git/Stash, Jenkins, AIM, JIRA, and code quality & security scanning tools
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, both with business customers and with fellow IT professionals (Application Developers, Scrummasters, Business Analysts, Project Managers and Operations)
* Worked in a cross functional environment (IT/ Finance/ Operations/ Risk) within a banking institution or a consultant to bank
The successful candidate must have 3-5 years of related industry experience, proven track record of large scale and global SRE, DevOps and Application Development experience and demonstrate a proactive, hands-on approach and strong system and analytical skills with a measured focus on streamlining execution via automation.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.