Director - Infrastructure Engineering & Production Management (SRE)
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Seattle WA USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 10, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, java, web-services
As a senior leader in Infrastructure Engineering, you'll be the visionary responsible for developing the roadmap for the computing platforms, servers, and networks, which means your work will have a day-to-day impact on customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in infrastructure technology, architecture design, and performance monitoring, will be essential in guiding a team that delivers multiple IT projects on time and within budget. Your team will look to you to mentor them as they work collaboratively to drive the strategic technology roadmap of the firm and implement high-quality technology solutions. And while you'll be part of a tight-knit team of high-performers who share your passion for technology, you'll also gain access to the best minds in the business-both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important technology firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expert in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
* Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices, and JPMorgan Chase & Co. policies
* Proficient in multiple infrastructure technologies
* Proven ability to conceptualize, launch, and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
* Support an environment that identifies opportunities to develop others through mentorship and leading by example
* Adept at partnering closely with, and acting as a trusted advisor to, stakeholders across the firm in order to influence strategic priorities
* Proficient in one of programming languages (Java, PERL, Python).
* This role requires a wide variety ofstrengths and capabilities, including:
* BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field of study/equivalent experience. Graduate level engineering degree preferred.
* Systematic, fact based decision making and problem solving.
* Strong curiosity and bias for pro-active planning, action, ownership, learning and continuous improvement.
* Strong inter-personal skills and ability to cultivate relationships with all internal/external stakeholders, promoting diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures.
* Ability to clearly articulate ideas, problem/solution/business value descriptions that can be understood by a broad audience in a time sensitive environment.
* 7+ years of Software Engineering experience, using one or more object oriented programming languages and/or scripting.
* 5+ years experience in two or more of the following areas (encourage applying to this role if you have good core experience in at least 2 areas):
* Hand-on experience with cloud-based applications, technologies and tools, deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, FluentD, Slack, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
* Relational and NoSQL databases; developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as Cassandra, MQ/JMS/Kafka, Aurora, RDS, Cloud SQL, BigTable, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cloud Spanner, Kinesis, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc.
* Networking (Security, Load Balancing, Network Routing Protocols, etc.)
* Developing monitoring tools and log analysis tools to manage operations
* Managing and/or influencing infrastructure services to ensure application service uptime and user experience
* Machine Learning
* Data structures and algorithms
* Additional pluses:
* Full life cycle experience within an Agile framework
* Mission critical systems experience in a globally distributed framework
* Best practices in infrastructure and application logging, monitoring, intelligent alerting, and automated self-healing
* Experience with DevOps model and tools
* Experience with Site Reliability Engineering
* Experience with Chaos Engineering
* Technical leadership experience; driving initiatives through the entire project lifecycle, mentoring and guiding other team members, driving team/project success in a highly collaborative, collegiate environment
* People management experience; building and developing a team, helping staff develop their skills and achieve career objectives, driving team to achieve organizational objectives, driving employee satisfaction
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans