Executive Director - Software Architect | SUSTAINED ENGINEERING
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Lewisville TX USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 10, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
networking, sysadmin, amazon-web-services
Sustained Engineering (SE)is the organization within GTI focusing on the end-to-end engineering and operations of JPMorgan's critical systems and products as well as production management activities, including incident, problem, change and crisis management processes, and asset lifecycle management.
We require a highly experienced Head of Sustained Engineering Architecture, who will be responsible for helping to shape SE strategy and then defining a supporting technical strategy across the processes, data, application and infrastructure dimensions. This will include a target state architecture to enable a fully integrated experience for customers across the SE product set. You will also be responsible for driving architectural excellence across all SE products / infrastructure estate by defining and governing directives, principles, guidelines and best practices for the organization to follow. You will also drive the SE Architecture Council, driving a virtual team of senior domain architectures from across SE to making key decisions on our future technology strategy. The SE Enterprise Infrastructure Architecture lead will report to the Head of SE Strategy & Business Services.
As a senior leader, your proven judgment and decision-making ability will be instrumental in driving transformation in the organization. While you will be part of a tight-knit team of Architects and Software Engineer professionals who share your passion for technology, you'll also gain access to the best minds in the business-both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
* Direct accountability for the global SE Architecture strategy
* Collaborates with business leaders to create Conceptual Architectures that align business and data needs with Target State Architecture
* Lead multi-year technical roadmap strategy
* Master in Technological, Organizational and/or Operational change management
* Master in partnering and influencing strategies across the organization
* Master in Budget/Financial Management including Business Case completion
* Participates in setting and driving the business' strategic direction in changing the way we deliver Technology to better meet Business needs
* Ensures risk controls and compliance to departmental and company-wide standards, including development of API and micro service best practices and Infrastructure as Code; identify opportunities for reuse across SE and GTI
* Ensures secure from the start, automation-first of all infrastructure components
* Ensures applications are highly resilient
* Represent the interests and positions of the SE team in the GTI, and other firm-wide architecture forums
* Working with the SRE teams to Identify operational inefficiencies and creating automated solutions to reduce manual work
* Developing tests and test-automation capabilities
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Strong ability to influence at all levels, from CIO to developer, across GTI, SE and into the Lines of Business
* 15+ years of experience designing enterprise infrastructure architecture for very large organizations
* Expert in all Architecture disciplines across hardware and software
* Strong software engineering background, ideally still a practitioner
* Strong understanding of finance and the regulation that surrounds the industry
* Experience working in a line of business as a consumer of infrastructure products
* Strong understanding of product management and product/customer centric organizations
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies
* Leads and guides the design, development of reusable components.
* Works with vendors to resolve problems and develop solutions.
* Deep understanding of operating systems, web, middleware, and networking:
- OSI ( Linux / Windows )
- Web & Application Servers (Apache / IIS / Tomcat)
- Database (Oracle / MSSQL)
- Monitoring (Prometheus, OEM, Open Metrics)
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Automation frameworks (Ainsible, Terraform, Puppet, SCCM)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans