With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Hyderabad - INMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 10, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
linux, api, python
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
API Management services leads on the vision to drive frictionless development, delivery and consumption of APIs across the firm, for the developer in support of JPMC global technology vision for accelerated development and developer productivity. We build, operate and support multiple API management platforms that enable the firm wide API Strategy, and cater to the needs of multiple lines of business.
As a Infrastructure Developer you will be required to design and deliver on high performance and resiliency strategies for the API Management service. You will bring in strong systems engineering skills to execute on comprehensive functional and performance testing design/architecture, ensure delivery of performance SLOs promised to the customers, automate performance testing to enable consistency, speed, avoid regressions, deliver communication/presentation to varied levels of audience - architects, developers, to senior managers, in context of service reliability, stability, benchmarking, re-architecture, as well ensure zero downtime highly available service for our businesses. You will collaborate closely with the product owners, engineering, customer success and service leads in this role. Additionally, you will research and evaluate emerging solutions, optimizations, enhancements, and make recommendations as well execute on implementation of the recommendations. The ideal candidate must be a forward thinker to anticipate the needs of the business in API management service performance and be proactive, technically savvy, and be able to handle defining and implementing on any, performance engineering and capacity management tasks / processes on a day to day basis.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages: Python, Java, C, C++, Go
* Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, unix/linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
* Understanding or have experience with Agile and Lean philosophies
* Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills with clear communication
* Work closely with product owner and service delivery team to ensure appropriate business measures are defined when evaluating and testing new versions
* Perform performance and resiliency engineering & operational support (level 3 and 4) for the Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) API Management services
* Execute/Implement PoC's with internal customers of the service and provide information as well as be able to influence teams across the organizational boundaries. Good articulation, data visualization, and presentation skills to communicate performance results and SLOs, are a must have.
* Ability to define performance , resiliency, related design guidance and share with application teams to ensure adherence to application engineering guidelines, processes and procedures - with focus on performance, latency optimizations, and efficient re-architecture or modernization of backend systems
* Built and manage automated performance & capacity management frameworks for the service; and perform regular maintenance & resiliency activities
* Recommend, plan, coordinate, and implement regular software hygiene such as patching and upgrades for stability, availability, and reliability of the service
* Define how/what/when to gather, analyze telemetry, logs and provide recommendations and remediation for service proactively
* Define capacity and performance testing and drive execution to provide recommendations based on facts and drive down costs
* Ensure stability and resiliency of the systems in the API Management service at all times.
• Minimum 10 years of overall professional experience in large high performance infrastructure and systems development roles; with 3 to 5 years of relevant performance and capacity management experience and familiarity with WEB APIs and RESTful APIs as well as micro services.
• Troubleshoot and fix, performance, availability and reliability issues.
• Strong performance testing tool and framework experience (open source or commercial)
• Strong understanding in design, develop, and configure APIs( Rest and Soap) and policies using API Gateways / Management products.
• Hands-on experience for REST and SOAP Web Services, JSON and XML
• Experience on Linux based systems, with Strong scripting ability (Bash, Python), Good Knowledge on Cron jobs and Shell scripting.
• Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure and certificates. Should be familiar with using certificates for message signing and mutual TLS - and how to manage the security aspects around architecture to drive performance improvements and stability
Additional Skills that will be a plus:
• Linux system administration skills
• API Testing - unit, functional, performance, capacity, and latency analysis.
• Performance testing frameworks and tools - Load runner, other
• AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Splunk or ELK implementation experience (identifying KPIs to track, building dashboards, trending of data to improve performance or reliability)
• Agile development team experience
• Docker / Kubernetes experience is a plus but not required (resourceful fast learners are welcome)
• Understanding of networking concepts - Subnets, load balancing (local and global), and firewalls.
• Altassian product suite - JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence
• Knowledge on LDAP, ADFS, CA siteminder. Ping Federate, Axiomatics is a plusJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.