Site Reliability Engineer (ITSE27) CHIP - NAMR 6 (315249:US:0802)
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Lewisville TX USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 10, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
python, java, design
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
• Design, code, test, and deliver software to automate manual operational work.
• Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
• Monitor systems capacity and performance.
• Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
• Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
• Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
• Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
• Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
• Develop and maintain pipeline configurations Work closely with various application and software engineering teams.
• Reproduce and debug customer issues by using or building test environments and tools.
• Contribution to extend or improve product documentation or install guides & create KB articles that will benefit all customers
• Being a technical leader and contributor to projects, including coding, code reviews, and architectural discussions
• Coach or manage teams as applicable
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
• DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer with a development background. Must possess coding skills (Java, GO, Python, Shell script etc.)
• Development of automation/monitoring scripts, understanding of interfaces (API, SQL views, message bus) etc.
• Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
• Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
• Working knowledge of infrastructure components (e.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage, and networks)
• Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills