VP, Java - Software Engineer
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Newark DE USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 10, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, hadoop, cassandra
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Post Trade Technology Engineering & Architecture (PTTE &A) is a central function that operates horizontally across the 2000+ technologists delivering business solutions within Post Trade Technology. Within that function, the software delivery modernization team simplifies and accelerates the adoption of cloud computing technologies by developing standards, tools and frameworks promoting best practices, simplifying compliance with cyber and controls standards and lowering the barrier to entry for new technologies
We're looking for a Vice President Software Engineer to participate in the development of a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practice across PTT working as part of the PTTE & A Technical Architecture team. This program will drive a more comprehensive approach to Application Performance Management (APM), by utilizing and extending the standard tools available within CIB to produce engineered solutions.
You will participate in evaluation and implementation of tools and frameworks to produce reusable architecture patterns and implementations for use across Post Trade. You will also participate in the development and maintenance of a number of components built by the core E&A team to provide data aggregation and distribution services across Post Trade.
Successful candidates should have significant experience in complex technical coupled with experience coordinating, communicating and ultimately aligning people to change. We are lean and agile, and look for people who thrive in this work style.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages such as; Java (version 8 or higher) and ideally Spring or similar frameworks and Cassandra, Hadoop or Oracle
* Participate in setting of Standards, Policies, Architecture patterns and tooling choices for PTT capacity management and SRE Tooling working in partnership with the CIB E&A, Production Management and Engineering and Architecture leads across Post Trade. Partner with E&A colleagues across the CIB to ensure PTT is appropriately aligned to the CIB and the broader Global Technology standards providing feedback and helping drive solutions that meet Post trade needs. Organize and drive evaluations of candidate tooling with PTT teams and guide early adopters of chosen solutions.
* Ability to influence architecture and design across distributed systems. Development of reusable services and patterns for reuse across PTT ecosystem.
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets with experience of Data Driven Development and Continual Integration. Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines. Experience building high performance scalable API based solutions. Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices. Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture.
* Experience with data platforms such as Cassandra, Hadoop or Oracle. Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement. Experience working on high throughput mission critical high performance STP platforms. Experience in designing and building reusable services.
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines. Experience building high performance scalable API based solutions. Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement. Experience working on high throughput mission critical high performance STP platforms. Experience in designing and building reusable services
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans