Application Support Associate - Front Office Athena - Rates Production Management
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in London - GBMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 11, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
c++, python, qt
Who we are
The Rates Production Management team is responsible for the reliability and resiliency of the application stack that supports the trade execution, RFQ quoting, trade booking, risk management and post-trade execution processing for those businesses. Our team interacts directly with Front Office traders and our partners in Application Development and Global Infrastructure teams. Our team is in the thick of it, ensuring the trading platforms are available, that any downtime is swiftly remediated and that we avoid repeat failures. We also focus on automation and tooling, to eliminate unnecessary manual effort and to enhance our monitoring capabilities.
What we need
We are looking for an Associate to join the team to support our Athena Platform. Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system that provides functionality for traders, salespeople and operations staff globally. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income, credit and commodities businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++: C++ for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to provide a continuous deployment environment, and pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues, while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
The role requires a disciplined technologist, ideally with some experience of site reliability engineering (SRE) principles and DevOps. The role will require an ability to attain clear understanding of the Athena environment and of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment. A high level of interaction with the business is required as applications are revenue generating and directly used by the businesses globally.
You will be focused on:
• Providing first-line support for mission-critical eTrading (including algorithmic trading), pricing, intraday risk and PnL applications.
• Developing specialist knowledge in relevant systems, sharing that knowledge with team members and global partners.
• Liaising with application development and infrastructure teams targeting on-going development, production activity and release management.
• Ownership of production incidents, working closely with other technology teams in order to resolve business-impacting issues.
• Pro-actively improving the quality of systems and service, and increase business value upholding and championing bank and Production Management policies, procedures and standards.
• Contributing to a DevOps mind-set across the entire software development life cycle, building, evolving and operating rapidly-changing resilient systems at scale.
• Experience in supporting/developing high availability applications
• Hands-on and demonstrable experience with an object-oriented or functional language such as Python, Java, C++ or C#.
• An understanding of SRE/DevOps principles
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact confidently and credibly with business users, to understand and agree business requirements and their prioritisation.
• Ability to collaborate with and influence other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions to the business in a constantly changing environment.
• Eager to take ownership of work, have real business impact, overcome obstacles and take it through to completion, working as part of this team and collaborating with a much bigger community of developers sharing the technology and code base.
• Enthusiastic to keep learning and growing, in technical aptitude, business understanding and personal effectiveness.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.