Lead SRE / DevOps Architecture Engineer
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Columbus OH USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 11, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, Product Manager, System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
project-management, java, design
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group focused on DevOps, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages; Java preferred
* Assess, identify, and recommend business and technical DevOps policy and procedures impacted by change resulting from project assignments or day-to-day business process areas priorities
* Identify and develop opportunities to improve our processes and tools specifically for Automation
* Present and champion change to all level of the organization and build understanding, buy-in and adoption of new ideas
* Create, foster and continually develop relationships with a variety of internal clients and partners
* Design and promote brands and brand architecture, develop collateral to support CDO Brand and the needs of the organization as a whole
* Adapt incoming collateral to new or existing brand guidelines without losing context or content
* Reviews business requirements, process documentation, workflows, project plans and collateral to identify gaps and differences impacting policies and procedures, then design and implement solutions in partnership with project, subject matter expert partners and more specifically DevOps team
* Prepare communications in partnership with project teams or subject matter experts and provide writing/editing support to CTO lines of business
* Manages day-to-day individual workload and pipeline of procedure and communication requests. Monitoring milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of schedule and identify / mitigate risk
* For existing applications, performing knowledge transition from development team to SCM team on build and deployment process.
* For new applications, work with development to get the requirements of application build and deployment process
* After scripts development and process setup, build engineer role is expected to execute the builds and deployments to all above environments based on weekly scheduled build calendar
* This position is required to perform smoke/sanity tests for the applications deployed and also troubleshoot the application for the issues that arise as part of the smoke test process
* This position is expected to learn the architecture of all the applications to help trouble shoot any issues for each applications
* This position need to periodically analyze the hardware and software capacities of build infrastructure and provide appropriate recommendation to the Management team for improvements and immediate attention
* This position is required to be proficient in Ant, Shell and Perl Scripting. Should be familiar with Code Management Tools like GIT/Stash, SVN. SCM Process regarding Build, Release and Source Code Management
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans