Software Engineering (DevOps)
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Plano TX USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 11, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, sysadmin, python
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we, CIB/IMOS team look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. This role will be part of a team that on boards and supports clients on IMOS stack.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths, skills and capabilities, including but not limited to:
• Act as a key contributor in the continued development of tools, frameworks & techniques to improve productivity and Quality of Production management function, adopting the DevOps principles to manage and support the environment.
• Recommend solutions to solve generic issues in systems and procedures to avoid recurrences of system or operational failures.
• Recommend system changes to reduce required manual intervention in either monitoring or managing system performance/availability.
• Be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with Application Development and DevOps Leadership.
• Hands-on, technology-focused individual, who enjoys working through hard technical problems
Our Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
(1) Run incident calls for client outages
(2) Engage with OPS and client support teams on user query resolutions
(3) Identifying and resolving technical issues.
(4) Collaborate with up and downstream for day-to-day flow issues and finding resolution.
(5) Design and Use Monitoring Dashboards for day to day Support
(6) Generate Service KPIs, reports on service stability and performance.
(7) Incident Management and Tracking
(8) Maintain and updating technical documents and procedures.
(9) Continued development of tools, framework, and technique to improve productivity and quality of the Production Management function.
(10) Participate in Change Management calls
(11) Recommend solutions to solve generic issues in systems and procedures to avoid recurrences of system or operational failures.
(12) Recommend system changes to reduce required manual intervention in either monitoring or managing system performance/availability.
(13) Critical thinking skills
(14) Liaise with Dev and QA teams for release management, projects and production support.
(15) Provide technical support to teams within the organization and to external clients as needed.
(16) Log & Message bus monitoring: Splunk ELK Geneos AppDynamics
(17) We look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices.
(18) Possess knowledge of operating systems, devices, applications and software.
Experience Required :
(1) Proficient in UNIX Scripting and PL/SQL
(2) Oracle, Sybase database and Tomcat/Websphere application server
(3) Tools - Geneos, Splunk ELk, App Dynamics
(4) Proficient in Java, XML
(5) Production support experience
(1) Experience with AWS, Python
(2) ITILJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans