With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Buenos Aires - ARMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 12, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, java, python
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Develops, Tests, and debugs automated software deliverables for Applications, Systems, and or Infrastructures
* Troubleshoots incidents, contributes to blameless post-mortems
* Engages within the SRE team throughout the software development and participates in major code contributions.
* Interacts with analytics, incident management systems, as well as operations teams to identify usage patterns for predicting issues
* Drives adoption of automated systems, infrastructure, and software practices.
* Conducts performance tests, and documents or identifies the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity performance.
* Utilizes monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end flow monitoring and noiseless alerting
* Participates in the deployment of software and product upgrades
* Works with team to complete tasks to high quality and actively learns new skills
* Manages the effort split between operational work and engineering work
* Be part of the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* Collaborates effectively with other team members
* Manage the PTO process: progressing Data Science products from development stage to testing to production.
* Develop a support model for the Data Science products in production
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
• Proficient in at least one software language (e.g. Python, Java, Go, etc.) with respect to designing, coding, testing, and software delivery.
• Self-starting practitioner in one or more technology domains, may be capable to work across domains to solve problems.
• Proficient knowledge of one or more infrastructure components. (E.g. networking, cloud services , orchestration tools, containerized systems , compute and storage systems)
• Capable of managing service-level changes to a system or service, and troubleshooting system level components.
• Operates within performance management, monitoring and capacity tools.
• Able to work on larger projects that have more impact, and is self-initiated. Should be able to provide supporting data or communicate business value of the projects.
• Capable of working effectively within an Agile team
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our
Team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today