Solution Architect Engineer - Cloud & Big Data
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Bengaluru - INMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 12, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
apache, amazon-web-services, cloud
Solution Architect Engineer, Cloud & Big Data
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization engineers applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners' evolving technology needs and the firm's ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
• Functional ownership in Finance Technology, specifically leading the implementation of Financial and Regulatory reporting functions onto the Corporate Technology Data Lake and leveraging Platform Services / Finance-as-a-Service to perform data management.
• Advancing the firm's Roadmap programs - Single Sourcing of Data, Architecture Convergence and Rationalization of Platforms.
• Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computation and data storage solutions.
• Driving innovation across the firm's corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
As a key member of the Finance and Treasury Tech Architecture team, you will be responsible for designing and building scalable cloud-native foundational data solutions.
• In this role, you will work closely with a world class team of engineers and architects to deliver cloud-native data capabilities that will be used to inform key business decisions
• You will design strategically while building applications that solve for real-world use cases. You will create logical designs, describe the deployment of the designs on a physical platform then build applications based on articulated designs, recognizing alternatives and proposing choices throughout the process.
• You will create engineering designs, best practices, guidelines and procedures, as well as repeatable and scalable frameworks to successfully manage large amounts of data, ensuring compliance with data classification requirements while maintaining data integrity and accessibility.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or a related field
• Deeply passionate about learning and innovating using the latest and greatest in big data engineering, cloud and open source
• Strong design skills for individual applications (solution architecture) and across applications (enterprise architecture)
• 10+ years' experience working in big data environment, working with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
• Sound understanding of various data solution patterns and when to use them: ETL/ELT, RDBMS, Normalization/De-normalization, Key-Value, In-Memory, Wide Column, Columnar, Graph, Text Indexing, Streaming, Messaging
• 2+ years' experience designing and implementing data solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS), using offerings such as: S3, Athena, Glue, EMR, Lambda, RDS, EC2, DynamoDB, Elasticache, Redshift
• Strong software engineering and object-oriented programming skills with expertise in languages such as Python, Scala and Java; and open source frameworks/libraries, such as Apache Spark, Apache Airflow
• Strong data architecture, data warehousing, data modeling and data manipulation skills, such as in SQL, Stored Procedures, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
• Knowledge of traditional big data systems, such as Hadoop, Impala, Sqoop, Oozie, Cassandra, Hive, HBase
• Experience with Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean
• Hands on experience with various Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, Superset, D3.js
• Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders
• Ability to produce quality results in an evolving, fast-paced environment
• Familiar with development tools such as Jenkins, Rundeck, SVN/Crucible/Jira, Git/Stash
• Experience building APIs, web services and/or data-as-a-service offerings
• Experience with containers, Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon EKS, Amazon ECS, Amazon Fargate
• Experience building apps for real-time streaming using Apache Spark Streaming, Apache Kafka and/or Amazon Kinesis
Nice to Have
• Experience re-engineering and migrating on-premises data solutions to and for the cloud
• Experience building on emerging cloud serverless managed services, to minimize/eliminate physical/virtual server footprint
• Experience implementing security solutions for data storage and processing in the cloud
• Experience with MPP cloud data-warehouse-as-a-service offerings, such as Snowflake
• Familiarity with predictive analytics, data science, machine learning, deep learning
• Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, specifically SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.