Senior IT and Systems Specialist
With Siemens AG in Miami FL USMore jobs from Siemens AG
Posted on September 15, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Electronics, Industrial Automation, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
project-management, sysadmin, database
Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility is a strong and established partner to agencies and companies in their transformation, combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today. Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions (ITS) is at the forefront of technology and actively driving this revolution.
Intelligent Traffic Solutions (ITS) help make agencies smarter by providing tailor-made transportation ecosystems that are more digital, connected, and integrated. We deliver Smart City solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, Connected Vehicles (V2X), Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) and Smart Lighting.
As a Senior IT and Systems Specialist at Siemens Mobility, you will be responsible for shaping the future by strengthening our project team for integration and deployment of the largest ITS project to date.
Successful candidates will be well versed in setting up, troubleshooting, securing, and maintaining a production-ready distributed system including the configuration of networks, databases, applications and their interfaces.
We are looking for a motivated, autonomous contributor who has a passion for delivering results by being target-driven and proactive, comfortable having his/her success measured in terms of completion within time, quality, and cost in a project context.
- Analyzing system architecture descriptions and translating into operational steps for deployment
- Standing up and configuratiing virtual machines, front-end & back-end applications, APIs/endpoints, and databases
- Building QA systems for staging and validation of entire system before deployment in production
- Root cause analysis and troubleshooting of overall system e.g. network congestion or configuration
- Support customer IT team for server and network setup, security/firewall settings, and device access
- Collaborate with project manager to ensure complete solution delivery on time and within budget
- Assist with system deployment, validation, acceptance testing, and system commissioning at customer site
- Collaborate with customer IT team as needed to investigate, analyze and resolve issues
- Develop and execute risk mitigation measures to spot & counteract obstacles and delays
- Provide feedback to development teams regarding required changes or improvements
- Lead by example and excel with a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
- Other duties as may arise
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related STEM discipline or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience and accomplishment as IT and systems specialist
- Demonstrable knowledge about software architecture paradigms, design patterns, distributed systems, middleware concepts, databases, networking, cloud computing, and virtual machines.
- Proven ability to lead customer-facing projects and execute successfully within time and budget
- Proven multitasking ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills especially when making tactical and strategic decisions
- Strong attention to detail, proactively driving assignments and tracking tasks
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define new approaches to issues
- Excellent communication skills, fostering collaboration with customers, engineers, operators, and testers
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related STEM discipline
- Traffic domain expertise or experience in developing or deploying ITS solutions, such as traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive control, transit signal priority, or V2X solutions
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose
- All employees receive life insurance, short, and long-term disability coverage
- Great career opportunities in a recognized and global company
- Education reimbursement programs available
- 401k with generous company matching
- Competitive compensation
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.