Site Reliability Engineer
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Lewisville TX USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on October 17, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
perl, puppet, python
As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability will help your team deliver high-quality products. You'll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You'll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
• Proficiency in modern programming languages - Python, Java, Perl, Shell Scripting
• Knowledge of performance, monitoring, Telemetry tools - AppDynamics, Tivoli, etc.
• Experience in managing DevOps practices and toolsets - CI/CD, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
•5+ years experience as Linux Systems Administrator
•Proficient in multiple infrastructure disciplines and functions
•Proficient in scripting, preferred Perl and Python
•Familiar with one of the configuration management tools (Puppet, CHEF)
•Experienced with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
•Experienced with SQL Database
•Experienced in Java application support
•Experience with source control management systems and continuous integron/deployment environments
•Experience with automated testing
•Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
•Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
* Communication Skills - ability to explain/understand relevant issues
* Problem Solving Skills - natural inclination towards problem resolution
* Customer Service Orientation - build positive working relationships with customers at all times providing realistic information and managing their expectations
* Industry Understanding - previous experience of Investment Banking industry preferable
* Teamwork and co-operation - Ability to gel and work in a team oriented environment
* Initiative - ability to think proactively
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans