Site Reliability Engineering
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Buenos Aires - ARMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on October 17, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, python, web-services
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
* Troubleshoot minor incidents and contribute to resolution through post-mortems
* Participate in the application or service development lifecycle through code contributions
* Engage with tools and operations teams to address failure patterns and incidents
* Develop automation tools for efficient, noiseless alerting, toil, and technical debt
* Conduct performance tests, document and/or identify application optimizations
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
* Proficiency in at least one software language (e.g. Python, Java, Go, etc.).
* Knowledge in Oracle PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripts, CTRL-M is a must.
* Knowledge of Axiom, Finance domain or Regulatory reporting would be desirable, but not mandatory
* Understanding of the software delivery lifecycle
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute, and storage systems)
* Candidate must be ready to work in rota and weekends
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.