With F-Secure in Manchester - GBMore jobs from F-Secure
Posted on October 23, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, IT Security, Security Software
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
linux, security, amazon-web-services, bash, python, sysadmin
F-Secure delivers research-led cyber security to defend organizations, society and people from real-world attacks and build resilience into their approach. Our people are a mix of technical and creative experts – diverse, talented, and passionate people – working tirelessly to help us advance the industry with new ways of thinking. They lead their own development, in and out of the office. They call the shots when it comes to building a place to call home in our organization.
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a talented and passionate Linux Engineer to work alongside our current awesome and compact team.
The Phishd division provides a wide array of innovative employee security behaviour services, such as simulated phishing attacks, point-in-time security education, Office plugins, password auditing and more to multi-national, enterprise-level organisations.
What we need…
We are looking for a Linux Engineer with a security influenced mind-set, working with Development and Research teams, as well as having the freedom to explore your own personal research projects on bleeding edge technologies.
We’re looking for someone with unsurmountable passion (if this wasn’t your job, it would be your hobby!) with a demonstrable character for curiosity when learning new technologies and for constant self-improvement.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside a passionate and dedicated team including collaborating on new and exciting projects as well as sharing knowledge across different areas of the business.
Who we think would be a great fit…
We are looking for someone with a strong background using Linux based systems, with demonstrable experience in a similar role, including:
- Strong Computer Science/Networking knowledge
- Comfortable managing a range of Linux services
- Experience on AWS Cloud Platform, with an understanding of fault-tolerance & scaling
- IaC using CloudFormation
- Monitoring systems and gathering metrics
- At least one strong scripting skills from: Bash, PHP, Python etc.
- A security-oriented mind-set and willingness to develop their security knowledge
- Willingness to work standby and cover out of hours maintenance
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab CI / Jenkins)
- Kubernetes (EKS) Exposure
- Comfortable building and working with Docker containers
- Managing own workload using JIRA
Any of the below will be a bonus but not essential:
- Experience on CentOS/Ubuntu platforms
- Databases: Relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL) & NoSQL (Elasticsearch, DynamoDB)
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git)
- Willingness to travel desired but not essential